January 30, 2013

Flexible Bangles

I'm going to start this off with these bangles.
Flexible beaded bangles - $12 each

This design for them was really started when I bought the 'wrong' size of satin cord, about 400 yds of it! It was just too big for the beads I wanted to string. Well I couldn't just throw it out, so I started experimenting with it. I braided it, I wove it, I added beads to it in many different ways until I hit on an interesting idea. Make the cord a bead frame.
I stitched each bead between a doubled length of cord with strong nylon thread. I joined the ends of the cord and then embellished the whole thing with more beads. The soft satin is flexible and easy to get over your hand and the weight of the beads pull it back to the proper shape once it's on your wrist. They are lightweight enough to wear several at once or stack with other bracelets.

I'm going to keep playing with it, see what I come up with next!
Of course, these beaded bangles are available at my Etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment